There are simply a lot of people turning to the Mi M365 whenever it comes to high-quality electric scooters. This is for the reason that while it offers some of the best features a scooter could have, it can also be modified to fit the users’ personal needs. Also, parts, components, and repair services are easy to come by.
While repair services are readily available for the Xiaomi M365 from almost everywhere, you can also choose to do the repairs and modifications on your own. In this article, we’ll share with you some of the most effective and useful upgrades, repairs and even modifications you can do with your Mi electric scooter.
Xiaomi Mi M365 Repairs and Upgrades
One common flaw of the Mi M365 is its dim LED lighting. One thing you can do to fix this is to install a super bright bike light right in front as well as at the back.
- LOCK MODE FEATURE keeps the Lumina Micro 750 headlight securely powered off during transport or storage. Unlock / Lock the light by simply holding the power button down for 7 seconds.
- IMPORTANT: UNLOCK BEFORE USE, note that NiteRider uses the Lock Mode feature after assembly and production to prepare for transport. The light is set to Lock Mode at the factory, unlock before use.
- LOW BATTERY INDICATOR is cleverly designed into the power button. Lit in blue indicates a good battery level remaining. Lit in red indicates that the battery level is below, less than 20% remaining.
- DURABLE AND LONG-LASTING rugged design with DuPont fiberglass reinforced nylon housing provides cyclists with the most durable, reliable and best performing lights in the market. Rely only on quality lighting systems to safely navigate your path.
- SUPERIOR DESIGN AND ENGINEERING with a custom aluminum heatsink to keep the inside circuitry at an optimal operating temperature, while pumping out 750 brilliant lumens! The sweeping heatsink fins line the profile, form and function design.
For the front light: The Nightrider Lumina 750 is one of the best front LED lighting for the Xiaomi Mi M365. It can be installed over the handlebars easily through its clip-and-lock base attachment. The 750 lumens of brightness allow you to see your path clearly through the dark, and this allows your M365 scooter to be visible from others.
For the rear light: The Cygolite Hotshot Pro 150 is also among the leading rear LED lighting for the Xiaomi mi electric scooter. This lighting is just the right choice if you are looking for an inexpensive, rechargeable as well as ridiculously bright light. While this is attached to the rear handle, it can also be attached or clipped onto clothing or bag.
- Powerful 150 Lumen bike tail light with adjustable brightness and flash speeds; lasts up to 210 hours on a single charge
- 6 exclusive night and day modes provide enhanced safety : Steady, Zoom, Steady Pulse, Daylighting, Triple Flash, Random Flash
- Steady Pulse alerts with pulses as its overlapping steady beam helps motorists gauge their distance
- Daylighting's powerful flashes highlights your presence in day light
- Designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA
Adjusting and tightening the m365 brakes
As you press or squeeze the handlebars, do you feel that the brakes to not grab on? If this is the case, you’ll probably just need to tighten the brakes (this usually is the case for new scooters).
Here’s a quick video tutorial if you want to adjust the brakes of your Xiaomi Mi M365.
For even more brake optimization, you can try to install 140mm rotor disk together with Avid BB7 calipers and thus bring your electric scooter brakes to the top level.
Changing m365 tires
If you want to change tires of your electric scooter, check out this video tutorial.
How you can avoid tires flats?
All tires including that of the M365 scooter which makes use of pneumatic tires are prone to flats. If you want to avoid flats for your tires you should keep the proper air pressure.
Inflate your tires with the ideal pressure
One thing that users usually neglect when inflating Xiaomi scooter tires is the ideal or proper pressure for tires. Maintaining the recommended and proper pressure ensures optimum performance of the tires and greatly prevents chances of flats. For the M365 with 8.5 inch stock tires, the recommended pressure is 55 PSI. The most convenient way to inflate the tire is through a bike pump equipped with a gauge to monitor the amount of pressure.
Use solid tires
You can replace your stock m365 tires with airless solid tires. You can buy it on Amazon here.
- Made of high-quality rubber material with rubber grooved surface provides an excellent grip,explosion-proof and pressure resistant,resistant to abrasion Lightweight and durable.
- Honeycomb design offer good seismic and non-slip performance,you can be used in snowy and rainy days offers maximum security for you.The design of the solid tire has been flexibility and buffer capacity,it tire can be stretched and will always return to its original shape,so the tyre could bear any pressure change,It would stay firm just like the traditional tyre in fully aerated condition.
- Special designed to replace the front and rear wheels the scooter Xiaomi mijia M365/GOTRAX GXL V2 Scooter. Solid tire no need for air chambers,no need to inflate,No need for patches,no need inner rubber tire convenient to use no need worry about puncture broken.No repairs and no maintenance.
- Simple to install and detach,Hot water softening,adjusted flexibly and fixed tightly is over.
- Two 8.5 inches Honeycomb tire suitable for Xiaomi Mijia M365 electric scooter/GOTRAX GXL V2 Scooter.Please see pictures to confirm size and compatibility before order.
M365 Dashboard Cover Replacement
There is a special upgrade kit for Xiaomi m365 which replaces the original dashboard and circuit board. The data display panel cleanly shows current speed, power consumption, working mode, etc.
The circuit board is easy to install and connect to your scooter, just plug and go.
You can buy it on Amazon here.
- Data display panel, cleanly shows speed ,power,working mode,etc.
- The circuit board is perfect replacement for the original XIAOMI M365/M365 Pro electric scooters
- Easy to install and connect to your scooter, just plug and go. Then download the Mijia App.
- PRECAUTIONS: If your phone already has a Mi jia app in use, you need to update Mijia APP
- Important Warning: Not recommended for sharing scooters (shared scooters may have modified M365)
Increase scooter performance by flashing the software
One effective and proven way to improve performance as well as tune the components of your Xiaomi scooter such as the scooter battery, motor, and others is by flashing the firmware. In this regard, you will need to configure the firmware on your own.
While flashing the firmware can greatly improve the performance of your scooter, it can also break or wreak the scooter permanently if done wrongly. Also, doing this on your own will void the warranty so be advised to proceed with caution.
Xiaomi Firmware Replacement Steps:
First, check the firmware of the scooter if it is compatible with the upgraded version. Your M365 scooter should come with a pair of fuses that are compatible with any firmware update. A good way to check its compatibility is through the serial number along with the battery manufacture date. To check these components, open up the Mi app that is connected to your scooter over your phone or device. Not all apps will be the same as the other – the appearance of the app is different from every device.
- Check the manufacturing date of the battery: It should be no earlier than March 2017.
- The last eight digits of your serial number should be more than 35000.
- When these criteria or conditions are met, you can then proceed with flashing the firmware using these simple steps:
- Download the app – M365 DownG using your Android phone.
- Switch on the scooter – charge it for at least 70%
- Start the DownG app and connect with the scooter
- Wait for the app to detect the scooter from the list and choose it to connect
- Press “Open Bin” once connected
- Choose the new firmware “200CFW_W.bin” and press “Flash Bin”
- The operation will take a few minutes. Do not use or interrupt the device and scooter during the operation.
Benefits of upgrading scooter firmware
The first and best thing that you’ll get whenever you upgrade your M365 firmware is a boost in power. And by boosting the power, you also get more speed out of the scooter thus enabling shorter travel time and also carrying power for heavy loads.
The upgrade also enables your scooter an immediate push or exit without the need for pushing or support.
The only possible downside of upgrading the firmware is that the ECO mode will be lost and will be changed by the Normal mode. The normal mode is sort of the default or stock mode of the scooter that can be activated by double-pressing the mode button.
How to fix non-working Xiaomi m365 rear LED light
Whenever the rear light is not working, there is a great chance that it is caused by a faulty connection. Most of the time, this problem is caused by friction from the wire connected to the power and the scooter tires. This can be easily fixed by repairing or changing any damaged wire and positioning them to a place where it can’t come in contact with the tire.