The brand “Xiaomi” and “Ninebot” has been among the youngest yet dominating companies working in the high-quality technology industry. Everybody knows that Ninebot has always been a known name related to personal electric transportation products. Xiaomi from the other side also incorporates its high-end technology for electric vehicles. Among those Xiaomi electric vehicles readily available in the market today are the Xiaomi electric scooters which are very popular nowadays. Competitors of the Xiaomi scooters are the Segway series scooters from Ninebot. It’s time to know which scooter model is better for you.
In this article, we’ll review the 4 best electric scooters in the market today. We will compare the Xiaomi m365, the Xiaomi m365 Pro, Segway es2, and Segway es4. We’ll compare their features, pros, and cons to bring you the best option for your needs and for your budget.
- 1 Xiaomi m365
- 2 Xiaomi m365 pro
- 3 Segway Ninebot es2
- 4 Segway Ninebot ES4
- 5 Our recommendations
- 6 Our final thoughts
Among the newest and best electric scooter choices from Xiaomi is the Xiaomi m365. It features a unique folding design for portability and for easy storage, especially within small spaces. The m365 scooter is made lightweight as well as durable with its aircraft-grade alloy chassis. It has a weight of 12.5 kg – a much lighter compared to the conventional models. It is also incorporated with the advanced E-ABS brake system which offers increased braking comfort for the rider.
While it is among the smartest and one of the best electric scooters for adults from Xiaomi, it is also a common favorite because of its design. It comes with an easy cruise control system including control of the power options by using short press button modes. This model also has an energy-saving mode. It is powered by an LI-ion battery with 36V 7.8Ah capacity which is good for covering distances of 30 km max.
The Xiaomi m365 is fully integrated with advanced features and controls and can even be managed and monitored through a smartphone application.
- [SCOOTER REPAIR PROGRAM]- Launching of Repair Programme for M365 Mi Electric Scooter with the Hook Made of Aluminium Alloy. Contact Xiaomi Support for more information
- [EXTREMELY FAST AND LONG-RANGE BATTERY LIFE] - A 250W motor propels the e-scooter to a max speed of 15. 5 MPH. High capacity battery with a maximum travel range of up to 18. 6 miles under specific conditions
- [PORTABLE FOLDING DESIGN] -Weighs just 26. 9 lbs. Portable folding design for easy storage at home or hand carry when necessary. The sturdy frame is made of aerospace-grade aluminum
- [DOUBLE BRAKING SYSTEM] - Features a disc braking and eABS regenerative anti-lock braking system for an efficient, responsive braking distance of just 13. 1ft. The large 8. 5-inch front
- [INTUITIVE AND EASY-TO-LEARN] - Intuitive controls simplify learning and use for all ages while improving safety. The scooter frame, components and accessories use the same geometric design language
What we like about Xiaomi m365
The Xiaomi m365 is an excellent choice and definitely is one of the best electric scooters because of its great durability and impressive features such as the pneumatic tires, rear disc brakes; Bluetooth integrated app, as well as the performance monitoring. These features allow for more manageability and control over the vehicle. With more control, you are able to ensure a safe and efficient ride out of your scooter. Another good thing about this scooter despite having a much slower speed than most of its competitors is that it’s easy enough to use even for younger ages. It’s an all-around scooter that can carry riders up to 100 kg and can be used by any age.
- Long lasting battery
- Portable and folding
- Double braking system
- User-friendly settings
- Fast charging and fast speed
- Bigger tires compared to most scooters
- Excellent for uphill climbs
- Handlebars do not fold
- Triangle folding instead of flat folding
Xiaomi m365 pro
If you have your Xiaomi m365 but want more features as well as speed then you can simply opt for the Xiaomi m365 pro. One thing that riders love about this scooter is its integrated safety features and impressive distance coverage of up to 45 km with just using one charge of the battery. Adding to the long-range battery life, the m365 Pro scooter also has intuitive controls that provide easy and smooth maneuverability and management for the entire vehicle.
The Xiaomi Pro is a foldable electric scooter. It can be folded in just 3 steps, carried with you and stored within small spaces. This scooter also has an E-ABS anti-lock braking system that guarantees fast and efficient braking whenever you need it. Both the wheels have a diameter of 8.5 inches and are made up of highly durable rubber material with excellent shock absorption.
What we like about Xiaomi m365 pro
The great thing about the Xiaomi m365 pro is that it has excellent workmanship, great design, and many upgrade options. While the vehicle already looks cool and premium, it is a reliable electric scooter for commuting regardless of the terrain or road surface. The longer battery life, in particular, is a thing to boast about this scooter. With the max distance of 45 km per one charge, you’ll be able to make rounds in urban areas without worrying about running out of battery. Also, the LCD display is very informative. It allows for easy control and manageability over the features of the vehicle with just one touch.
- Increased battery capacity for greater distance coverage
- Stronger motor for more speed
- Better uphill speed compared to earlier models such as Xiaomi-m365
- Expensive price
- Heavier weight
- Longer charging time
Segway Ninebot es2
Another excellent choice of the best electric scooter for adults from Segway is the Ninebot es2. It provides riders with an excellent speed at the same time having good distance coverage within a single charge. The Ninebot es2 is an ideal electric scooter for commuting. This scooter can also provide longer travels through the battery-upgrade option that can be easily purchased almost anywhere.
Another cool thing is that Ninebot ES2 can also work with an external battery to double the maximum range per one charge from 15 to 28 miles as well as the maximum speed from 15 to 18 mph which is comparable to the electric bike speed range.
In terms of power, the Ninebot ES2 is much preferred than the earlier scooters. With a 300 W mounted motor having a peak wattage of 600 W, this scooter is undeniably superior to other scooters. Adding to that, this scooter also has a suspension system on its rear and a front shock that is mounted over the front tire. With this design, any shocks and vibrations from bumps are greatly reduced.
Ninebot ES2 is much lighter than other scooters, it has only 28 lbs and is really easily foldable electric scooter. Likewise, this scooter is easy to store and is definitely easy to carry anywhere.
- Ride Faster & Further: With a powerful motor of 300W, the Segway ES2 KickScooter can reach to 15 mph, travel up to 15 miles and accommodate a max load of 220 lbs. Our Smart Battery Management System assures the battery safety and extends the battery life.
- Lightweight & Foldable: With a total weight of 27.6 lbs (12.5 kg) and the one-click folding system, the Segway ES2 KickScooter can be carried with one hand. Easy to fold and store in a car or on public transport, making it a perfect travel companion.
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with large solid tires provide maximum rider comfort. The mechanical and electrical anti-lock braking system ensures an efficient, responsive braking distance of just 13.1ft.
- Superior Technology: Segway Ninebot ES2 electric KickScooter features an LED display, bluetooth capabilities, cruise control, customizable ambient light colors, mobile APP connectivity for additional security, firmware updates and more.
- Warranty: Customer satisfaction is always a number one priority for us. One-year or 180-day warranty for different parts. please refer to warranty information in product details below and contact our after-sales service team if you have any problems.
What we like about the Segway ES2
Although the Segway es2 is not the fastest scooter in the market, it comes well equipped with reliable and usable features. The speed of 15.5 mph is just right for any city commuting ventures and with an external battery pack, you’ll get just enough power to make it to your destinations without worrying about running out of battery soon. The 3-speed modes also allow for better maneuverability and control over the scooter. These 3 modes include the limit speed mode that serves as the lowest gear, normal speed mode with the near max speed and the sports mode which allows riders to get the most speed with the highest power usage. Sports mode is usually used for uphill climbs.
In addition, the LED lights below the board greatly highlight the aesthetics of the scooter and make it look cool.
- Impressive speed
- Lightweight aluminum body
- One-click folding system for easy carrying and storage
- Bluetooth technology integrated and app monitoring
- Easy to use
- High quality and durable
- Comes with a secondary battery
- Sturdy foot board
- Sensitive steering alignment
- No attachment features for handlebar
Segway Ninebot ES4
The Ninebot ES4 is all about power. This scooter offers an impressive dual battery power of 374 W/h and motor peak power set at 800 W. This will significantly boost your riding distances. Also, the battery is designed with features to ensure efficient performance. The battery comes with over current, short-circuit, and overcharge protection. With this feature, the maximum capacity of the battery is easily achieved whilst maintaining safe and efficient functioning.
With more power comes more mile coverage of this scooter. With a full charge from its LI-ion battery, it can offer a top speed of 19 mph and coverage of 28 miles.
Of course, it also boasts an anti-lock brake system integrated with a mechanical brake to provide safe and convenient braking. The Segway es4 has 4 meters braking distance allowance whenever cruising at 12.4 mph for better rider safety.
What do we think about Segway ES4
As a successor to previous Ninebot scooter models, we can say that Ninebot-es4 is the best electric scooter from Segway in terms of battery power. Basically it has almost the same specs as ES2 plus external battery. The added external battery ensures that you’ll have enough power when you use the Ninebot scooter for commuting all day. The max speed is also impressive and lets you glide along traffics effortlessly. The new grips provide ergonomic as well as safe handling. We promise you’ll look cool riding this scooter with its silver finish and advanced cruise control features.
- Dual Batteries: With an extra Lithium Ion battery and upgraded motor, ES4 boasts up to 800W of power, with a top-speed of approximately 19 mph and a range up to 28 miles. The ES4 can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with the large solid tires provide maximum rider comfort even when traveling at high speeds. The mechanical and electrical anti-lock braking system ensure braking safety.
- Portable Folding Design: With a total weight of 30.9 lbs. (14 kg) and featuring a one-touch folding system, the ES4 can be quickly collapsed for convenient storage at home, in the office, or in the trunk.
- Technology Superior: With a LED display, Bluetooth capabilities, cruise control, customizable ambient light colors, and mobile app connectivity for additional security and firmware updates, the ES4 combines performance with luxury.
- One-touch folding design for easy storage and carrying
- Electrical and mechanical braking system
- Advanced control settings with app integration
- Designed with battery manageability features
- Front and rear shocks to reduce vibration
- Great distance coverage at 30 km, ideal for long rides
- Heavier than ES2 because of additional battery
- 7 hours charging time
All 4 scooters are definitely among the best electric scooters of today not only for adult use but also for kids. With the details mentioned in this review, it becomes quite a challenge to choose which of the mentioned options to go for.
A great way for you to choose which scooter to buy is to refer to your particular needs. Here are your best options to go for depending on specific criteria and needs.
Power and speed
When it comes to power, the Segway-es4 is definitely the best choice in this list. It comes with 300W rated power having 800W peak power. This allows for longer distance coverage. The only problem with a bigger battery capacity is that it will take more time to charge (approx. 7h). However, if you prefer a good power out of your scooter but with a fast-charging battery then we would recommend going with the Segway ES2, which has a relatively short charging time of 3.5 hours to go from 0% to 100%.
Usability and features
Many riders prefer a scooter that is user-friendly and comes with a number of control and manageability features such as cruise control settings, various power modes, speed and battery indicators, and so on. These settings allow for much better control over the vehicle and also allow a better level of comfort. In this regard, the Ninebot ES2 would be the ideal choice since it comes with settings that are easy to navigate and set up. These features are also integrated into the Ninebot ES4, however, the price will increase significantly given that it has almost the same features.
Exterior and design
People prefer electric scooters because they are simply easy to carry and store. Foldable scooters allow for better storage even on tight spaces such as within the car compartment or even under furniture. Also, the construction materials of the scooter will immediately tell if the vehicle is durable and can survive considerable amounts of vibrations from rough terrains. In this perspective, all 4 choices have an excellent quality of construction materials and are also well-designed with a foldable body. Probably the only discrepancy in this regard is the size or dimension. For bigger riders, a scooter with a wider and longer footboard would be ideal. When it comes to bigger footboards, we recommend both the Xiaomi-m365 and Xiaomi-m365 Pro because they both come with enough footboard dimensions.
Unquestionably, the more expensive the scooter is, the more features and advantages you will get. However, you don’t really need all the features in one scooter – consider only those that you really need and you’ll come up with a better idea for your budget. For riders who use scooters for general use such as work commuting, or picking up the grocery, we would recommend the Xiaomi m365 pro. It comes with an ideal power, speed, and at the same time has a good price.
Our final thoughts
Looking at the overall features and power, we think that Xiaomi m365 is the best electric scooter in the market today. It’s not only equipped with the most advanced features which all of the best electric scooters models should have, but it also has the best value for the money. It has good battery capacity for daily commuting, affordable price, and is built with a number of safety features and settings that will help you ride with convenience and comfort.
If you like the Segway brand more, you’d better read our review for Ninebot Max electric scooter here.