Are you planning to go cross-country with your friends using your off road electric scooter? While many are talking about how their electric scooters are great for commuting to work, some prefer to take their scooters to rough and tough outdoor activities. And with this kind of venture, you will always want your off-road electric scooter to be tough.
We’ve tested some of the toughest offroad electric scooters today and compared them with each other and here’s what we found out.
Nothing beats the QIEWA Q-Power when it comes to power as it gives off a total of 3200 W from its double motor system. It can reach speeds of as much as 56 mph equipped with enough power to do uphill climbs even with steep slopes up to 65 degrees.
It has a potential mileage of 55 miles and is powered by a lithium-ion battery of 48Volts 26Ah. it weighs a total of 81,5 lbs which makes it a bit heavier than its competitors but you are guaranteed a tough and durable off road electric scooter for rough terrains. The scooter has a maximum capacity of 661 lbs and is easily foldable for quick and effortless transport.
Both tires are equipped with hydraulic disc brakes for quick and reliable braking. The scooter is even designed with a pair of c-type suspension systems for a smooth glide even on rough terrains. Furthermore, both wheels are 11-inch pneumatic tires for better traction and grip on any kind of terrain surface.
The QIEWA off road scooter is also liked for its good lighting at the right places, loud horn, USB charging port along with all other necessities in a high-quality scooter. One thing that you’ll only need to worry about is the flimsy charger which could break after constant use.
- Motor Power: 3200Watts(2x1600Watts) Max Drive Distance:56mile Max Driving Speed: 55MPH
- Scooter Weight：37kg 11 inch off-road pneumatic tire Single/double motor switching Double Hydraulic brakes
- Max load:300Kg Double controllers Cruise ControlBattery: 48Volts 5C Power 26Ah 18650 lithium battery
- 45 degree double shock absorber Power saving mode 2Second Quick-Folding IP5 Ｗater proof Anti the warning Power saving mode Double charging interface (faster charging)
- Double Brake light Customer Service Support: Qiewascooter.com (Comes with a 1-year warranty on all parts except battery which has a 6-month warranty) * (Different weight, different road, will affect the distance and speed)
- Big-sized tires excellent for rough terrains
- One of the fastest scooters
- Smooth suspension system
- Excellent riding range
- Quick 10-second fold-time
- Reliable braking capability
- Sturdy frame
- High price
if you want another excellent choice of electric scooter with both wheels having a hub motor, then the Ultra from Dualtron would satisfy you more than enough. It also comes with a pair of 11-inch wheels and can power up to 2400 W with peak power at 5400 W. it has a long-lasting LG lithium battery and enough to get you covering 50 mph speeds and distance of 80 miles from just one charge.
A great thing about Dualtron is that they are so widely used and parts, as well as after-sales services and repairs, are easy to come by.
Smooth rides are also a guarantee with the Ultra since it comes with a double suspension system and a seat add-on to make sure your off-road ride is given additional comfort.
The whole scooter weighs about 80 lbs and can easily be folded in just a few seconds. It has a sleek design with an expanded base where you can relax your feet when riding.
The scooter also keeps dirt away with its splash guards and its solid build ensures long life even from constant use.
Dualtron is owned by Minimotos, a company that develops the most popular electronic scooters today such as the Speedway e-Scooter series. With their years of experience, they simply know what works and what does not.
If you want an all-wheel drive folding electric scooter for better traction, speed and power then the Nanrobot D5+ would be your best choice. The huge 10″ air-filled wheels are equipped with two 1000 W hub motors which giving the scooter a total running power of 2000 W.
With its power, it can easily carry a total load as much as 330 lbs so adding a few more bags on you while riding will not be a problem with this power scooter. Its top speed can reach at least 40 mph and covers at least 50 miles on a single charge.
Compared to its younger as well as older brothers in the Nanrobot series, it has a unique suspension system that is easily adjustable to match any riding style and to compliment any type of terrain. Its suspension system is equipped with a pair of hydraulic springs in the rear, and 4 sprints on the front.
The pair of disc brakes from both tires provide more than enough braking power to make sudden and emergency stops especially whenever off-roading.
To have better comfort when doing long drives, it is best to purchase the additional seat.
Lighting features are also impressive in this scooter as well as its portable weight of only 88 lbs.
- SPEED AND RANGE—D5+ is built from the ground up as a high performance electric scooter, with two 1000W motors and 52V26AH Lithium battery pack allowing for a top speed of 40 mph and longest range of 50 miles.
- DUAL MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE—D5+ provides dual motors with independent traction to both front and rear wheels for unparalleled control.As a result,D5+ instantly controls traction and torque to every wheel, with a superior all-wheel drive system.
- EMERGENCY BRAKING—D5+ comes standard with the front and rear EBS disc brake system，it can brake stably during emergency braking to prevent impact.
- DAMPING SYSTEM—6 shock absorbers & 10" pneumatic tires provide great shock absorption that make D5+ adapting to the roads of different terrains，reduce the bumpiness, improve the driver comfort.
- PORTABLE DESIGN—Folding mechanism allows D5+ folding/unfolding in seconds，it easily fits into cars' boots.And the power lock can better prevent thieves. Equipped with a bright headlight and turning lights ensure you ride safely in the dark.
- Inexpensive price
- Made from high-quality materials
- Durable and sturdy framework
- Smooth suspension system
- Add-on seat for an extra level of comfort”,
- Brakes need adjustment before the first ride
Super Turbo 1000w – The Inexpensive Off-Road Foldable Electric Scooter With Seat
If you are tight on the budget when looking for a foldable off road electric scooter then the Super Turbo 1000W from SuperCycles would be a great choice to consider.
This inexpensive scooter makes use of a chain-driven motor which is a bit of an oldie but a still a goodie. It has three 12V lead-acid batteries which can help you cover 18 miles at a single charge. In combination with its 1000W motor, you can reach a top speed of 26 mph.
It’s weaker than the earlier models – so what makes it a good choice of scooter?
Frankly speaking, the Super Turbo 1000W was once considered the best scooter for off-roading and for riding on rough terrains during the years when electronic scooters were introduced. The reason why it is mentioned in our list is because of its inexpensive price which is a third of the price of any of the scooters mentioned above. Furthermore, with its old model, many still prefer it because of its durability.
It is designed with a padded seat for comfort and can handle loads of about 250 lbs. So if you’re looking for an off-road electric scooter for heavy adults this could be a good choice.
The scooter also comes with features that allow you to adapt to the terrain you’re driving on. The Econo-button enables you to make use of the full power without spending too much power. For added power, you simply need to push the button again to unleash its 1000W motor.
- Fast Foldable Electric Scooter With Removable Seat. Features Bright LED lighting
Razor RX200 – The Child-Safe Off Road Electric Scooter
For children who love to drive with their electric scooters, the best option in the market is the Razor RX200. It is a favorite among kids because it is safe to use and easy to control.
It makes use of a chain-drive motor equipped with a spacious deck for a good amount of standing space for the feet and for loading things. The scooter is built with a front and rear all-terrain tires that are excellent in delivering a good grip and suspension regardless of the terrain type. Its high-torque motor delivers a maximum speed of 12 mph which is safe for kids. Also, its battery can last for 30 to 40 minutes and can cover distances of up to 6 miles.
It is also a preferred electric scooter for kids because of its amazing braking system which activates immediately on sudden stops. It is equipped with a kick-stand for easy parking or storage.
The Razor RX200 can manage a weight of 154 lbs out of its rider and is very portable.
- Impressive braking system
- Cheap price
- Trusted name
- Great customer support
- The battery doesn’t last long
- Noisy motor
- With the trailblazing new RX200, the ride begins where the pavement ends
- New off-road version of the classic E200 Electric Scooter that we all know and love
- Rip up the trails at speeds up to 12 mph (19 kmh)
- Features off-road tires, disc brake and a new gear ratio for high-torque trail riding, making it off-road ready right out of the gate
- Recommended for ages 13 and older and will support a rider up to 154 pounds
Off-Road Electric Scooters For Hunting
Everyone knows that whenever you hunt, you need to make a zero amount of noise. Also, to be able to make a good hunt, you’ll have to venture in a long, narrow and sometimes rough terrain. Furthermore, you’ll want to have a big space to carry your things when hunting.
Put yourself in this scenario:
You’re treading a long and narrow path into the woods carrying all your hunting gear and other equipment.
Did you ever wish there would be a better way?
Fortunately, there is! Offroad electric scooters are designed for many different occasions, and hunting is one of them. With its large tires, powerful batteries, silent motor, and good space, it can be your best hunting buddy yet.
The three scooters on this list are surely the best options to have when it comes to hunting and with their powerful motors and big tires, they can climb steep slopes of as much as 65 degrees.
Most of all, these electric scooters are portable and foldable to fit in any tight space in the car.
The Offroad Electric Scooter FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Are these scooters water and dustproof?
Unfortunately, electric scooters are neither dust nor waterproof however there are certain models with a good level of IP rating. If you want to ride under the rain or in a dusty terrain then finding a scooter with a good IP rating would be ideal. Go ratings about IPX4 to have good resistance to dust and water.
What tires should you use?
If you are trying to use your electric scooter for an off-road venture, you may need to have a set of large knobby tires. Knobby tires provide excellent traction and grip whenever treading any kind of surfaces and when driving on small obstacles like stones, roots, and others along the path.
What is the ideal battery to use?
Lithium-ion batteries are the ideal batteries to use when using scooters. This is because they are much lighter and fast-charging compared to other types of batteries. Lead-acid batteries, however, are safer and much cheaper. The battery you need to avoid is the Li-po battery as these types of batteries are sensitive to shocks and heat.
What’s the Ideal power for my scooter?
This depends on the rider and how steep the slopes are. If you need to climb most of the time, you’re going to need more power and the best motors to have are those which can generate 2000W and more. For even surface-treading, you can simply go with lower wattage.
Our final thoughts
Even if you’re taking your offroad electric scooter for hunting or fishing, or just a regular drive to the city, you’ll always want it to be running in perfect condition and equipped with everything you need. Electric scooters are particularly designed to fit any kind of need and they are a lot faster, more powerful, and long-lasting than traditional means of transport.
Off-road electric scooters particularly have more power and more features which makes them more expensive than other scooters. Regardless of the price, however, you’re getting a fully functional scooter, with the features you need and can last for long years.
I do hope this buyer’s guide to the Top 5 Heavy-Duty Off-Road Electric Scooters Of 2020 has helped you decide which scooter to use for your next dirt track or hunting venture.