Are you planning to go cross-country with your friends using your off road electric scooter? While many are talking about how their electric scooters are great for commuting to work, some prefer to take their scooters to rough and tough outdoor activities. And with this kind of venture, you will always want your off-road electric scooter to be tough.
We’ve tested some of the toughest offroad electric scooters today and compared them with each other and here’s what we found out.
- 1 OUTSTORM Folding Electric Scooter
- 2 UberScoot 1600w 48v Electric Scooter
- 3 Hiboy Titan Electric Scooter
- 4 Nanrobot D6+
- 5 Razor RX200 – The Child-Safe Off Road Electric Scooter
- 6 Off-Road Electric Scooters For Hunting
- 7 The Off Road Electric Scooter FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 8 Our final thoughts
OUTSTORM Folding Electric Scooter
if you want another excellent choice of electric scooter with both wheels having a hub motor, then the OUTSTORM electric off road scooter would satisfy you more than enough. It also comes with a pair of 11-inch off-road tires and can power up to 3200 W. It has a long-lasting 25Ah LG lithium battery and enough to get you cruising at 56 mph speeds and a distance of 56-67 miles from just one charge.
A great thing about OUTSTORM scooters is that they are so widely used and parts, as well as after-sales services and repairs, are easy to come by.
Smooth rides are also a guarantee with the OUTSTORM since it comes with a double suspension system and a seat add-on to make sure your off-road ride is given additional comfort.
The whole scooter weighs about 80 lbs and can easily be folded in just a few seconds. It has a sleek design with an expanded base where you can relax your feet when riding.
The scooter also keeps dirt away with its splash guards and its solid build ensures long life even from constant use.
We should admit that this scooter is really worth the money.
Here is a review video about this all terrain scooter
- Peak Distance and Top Speeds – Able to reach a max speed of up to 56 mph this electric scooter for adults can travel up to 53 miles and recharges full in as little as 7 hours, making it ideal for suburb and city use when you’re trying to be eco-friendly.
- Enhanced Drive Control – Each folding electric scooter also boasts electronic brakes with regenerative charging for sandy or slippery surfaces, a digital speedometer with 3 speed modes, 2 power modes, dual motor control, and even cruise control.
- Comfort, Style, and Versatility – Designed with an amazing 3200 watts of power this electric scooter adult version has ultra-bright front LED headlights, running boards with colorful LEDs, a removable gel seat for long-distance comfort, and a kickstand.
- Rugged On and Off-Road Use – Our heavy-duty electric scooter uses a high-impact PU suspension, 11” off-road tires, and enhanced shock absorption to help temper small bumps and large impacts when climbing steep terrain and grades up to 30°.
- Smart, Foldable Travel Design – This innovative standing and seated electric scooter features a quick folding body that makes it easier to carry on to subway cars or in an UBER so you can expand your public transportation and travel versatility.
UberScoot 1600w 48v Electric Scooter
If you are tight on the budget when looking for a foldable off-road electric scooter then the UberScoot electric scooter will be a great choice to consider.
This inexpensive scooter makes use of a 48V Li-Ion battery which can help you cover 12 miles at a single charge. In combination with its 1600W motor, you can reach a top speed of 30 mph which is pretty fast for an electric scooter.
It’s weaker than the earlier models – so what makes it a good choice of scooter?
Frankly speaking, the UberScoot is considered as the best scooter for off-roading and for riding on rough terrains if you don’t want to break a bank. Its inexpensive price is a third of the price of any of the scooters mentioned above and its excellent durability from the other side, makes this model a very good choice.
It is designed with a padded seat for comfort and can handle loads of about 265 lbs. So if you’re looking for an off-road electric scooter for heavy adults this could be a good choice.
The scooter also comes with features that allow you to adapt to the terrain you’re driving on. It has an excellent suspension system. The Econo-button enables you to make use of the full power without spending too much power. For added power, you simply need to push the button again to unleash its 1600W motor.
Comes standard with a quick-release seat, foldable locking frame, front and rear lights, large 11-inch knobby off-road tires, and key ignition, this scooter does not disappoint!
- Dimensions: 49" L x 25" W x 43" H | Weight: 117 lbs
- Motor: 1600 Watt (Brushless).
- Top Speed: 30mph (speed limit wire must be disconnected)
- Batteries: Four 12V/12AH (48 volt system) Sealed Lead Acid (SLA). Charging Time: 6-8 hours
- Max load: 265 lbs.Kickstand
Hiboy Titan Electric Scooter
Nothing beats the Hiboy Titan electric off road scooter when it comes to power and riding distance as it gives off a total of 28 miles from its 800W motor. This is a fast enough electric scooter – it can reach a speed of 28 mph and is equipped with enough power to do uphill climbs even with steep slopes up to 35 degrees.
It is powered by an optimal lithium-ion battery of 12.5Ah. The total weight is 50 lbs but you’re guaranteed a tough and durable off-road electric scooter for rough terrains. The scooter has a maximum capacity of 290 lbs and is easily foldable for quick and effortless transport.
Both tires are equipped with high-quality disc brakes for quick and reliable braking. The scooter is even designed with a pair of c-type suspension systems for a smooth glide even on rough terrains. Furthermore, both wheels are 10-inch pneumatic tires for better traction and grip on any kind of terrain surface.
Check out these videos!
The Hiboy Titan off road scooter is also liked for its good lighting at the right places, loud horn, USB charging port along with all other necessities in a high-quality scooter. One thing that you’ll only need to worry about is the flimsy charger which could break after constant use.
- 800W Brushless Motor - Features powerful 800W motor, and 12.5AH battery, the electric scooters can reach 25 mph and 25% hill grade, travel up to 28miles (max load of 286 lbs), 3 ride modes to choose from.
- Wider 10in Off-road Air Tires - Titan adult eletric scooter with wider 10in pneumatic tires, And deeper lines provide perfect anti-seismic and anti-slip performance, it can keep a good riding experience in bad road conditions.
- More Comfortable & Safe - Dual disc brakes & shock absorption make Titan more comfortable and safe when riding. And with a wider deck to make you stay balanced on a wide and stable platform.
- Humanized Design- The electric scooter is equipped with a wider and anti-slip stand deck for larger feet support, and a clear LED display shows the mode, speed, battery, distance.
- Foldable & Portable - Easy to fold and portable, it can be easily store into the trunk of a car.
- Big-sized tires excellent for rough terrains
- Smooth suspension system
- Excellent riding range
- Quick 10-second fold-time
- Reliable braking capability
- Sturdy frame
- Head light should be adjusted
If you want an all-wheel drive folding electric scooter for better traction, speed and power then the Nanrobot D6+ would be your best choice. The huge 10″ air-filled wheels are equipped with two 1000 W hub motors which giving the scooter a total running power of 2000 W.
With its power, it can easily carry a total load as much as 330 lbs so adding a few more bags on you while riding will not be a problem with this power scooter. Its top speed can reach at least 40 mph and covers at least 50 miles on a single charge.
Compared to its younger as well as older brothers in the Nanrobot series, it has a unique suspension system that is easily adjustable to match any riding style and to compliment any type of terrain. Its suspension system is equipped with a pair of hydraulic springs in the rear, and 4 sprints on the front.
The pair of disc brakes from both tires provide more than enough braking power to make sudden and emergency stops especially whenever off-roading.
To have better comfort when doing long drives, it is best to purchase the additional seat.
Lighting features are also impressive in this scooter as well as its portable weight of only 77 lbs.
Check the review video of this cool scooter
- POWERFUL FAST & OFF-ROAD ELECTRIC SCOOTER: The electric scooter for adults features full-sized 10" pneumatic off-road tires, 58V 26AH 18650 lithium battery and extremely powerful 2 x 1000W motors that offer great ride comfort, traction and rolling efficiency for long rides with enhanced stability to give you a smooth driving experience. The scooter electric for adults can reach to 40mph, up to 40 miles and max load of 330 lbs.
- SAFETY & COMFORTABLE ELECTRIC SCOOTER: This Nanrobot electric scooter is a high-performance dual-motor electric scooter and ultra-light aviation-grade aluminum alloy body that brings off-road performance into the urban environment. The D6+ electric scooter features front and rear hydraulic/disc brakes with EBS that provide solid stopping power. The suspension arms are propped up by 2 hydraulic spring shock absorbers for that extra added comfort.
- DUAL MODE RIDING EXPERIENCE SCOOTER: Switchable between a single drive and a dual-motor drive, this Nanrobot adults electric scooters allows the rider to switch between 2 modes: the ECO mode and the TURBO mode. Riding on ECO single motor mode will extend the range of the scooter by 3X compared to the TURBO dual-motor option. Our Smart Battery Management System assures the battery safety and extends the battery life.
- UNIQUE & HUMANIZED SCOOTER: The adult electric scooter is equipped with wider anti-slip platform, multi-function lighting system for safe night riding, and color LCD display for relaxing riding. Packing list: 1 x 2000W Nanrobot D6+ electric scooter, 1 x install tool, 1 x power adapter chargers, 2 x manual keys, 1 x operational manual. This off-road electric scooters uses a new buckle, the screw-type tightening mechanism integrates the stem and the body to make the rider more secure.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: In most of the cases, this Nanrobot electric scooter adult foldable can be sent out the next business day. The estimated shipping time is about 4-7 business days. Please note that due to COVID-19, the courier services may be delayed. If your Nanrobot electric scooter breaks down, parts are damaged, missing, and any other problems, please feel free to contact with us. We will provide you with a satisfactory solution as soon as possible.
- Inexpensive price
- Made from high-quality materials
- Durable and sturdy framework
- Smooth suspension system
- Add-on seat for an extra level of comfort”,
- Brakes need adjustment before the first ride
Razor RX200 – The Child-Safe Off Road Electric Scooter
For children who love to drive with their electric scooters, the best option in the market is the Razor RX200. It is a favorite among kids because it is safe to use and easy to control.
It makes use of a chain-drive motor equipped with a spacious deck for a good amount of standing space for the feet and for loading things. The scooter is built with a front and rear all-terrain tires that are excellent in delivering a good grip and suspension regardless of the terrain type. Its high-torque motor delivers a maximum speed of 12 mph which is safe for kids. Also, its battery can last for 30 to 40 minutes and can cover distances of up to 6 miles.
It is also a preferred electric scooter for kids because of its amazing braking system which activates immediately on sudden stops. It is equipped with a kick-stand for easy parking or storage.
The Razor RX200 can manage a weight of 154 lbs out of its rider and is very portable.
- Impressive braking system
- Cheap price
- Trusted name
- Great customer support
- The battery doesn’t last long
- Noisy motor
- With the trailblazing new RX200, the ride begins where the pavement ends
- New off-road version of the classic E200 Electric Scooter that we all know and love
- Rip up the trails at speeds up to 12 mph (19 kmh)
- Features off-road tires, disc brake and a new gear ratio for high-torque trail riding, making it off-road ready right out of the gate
- Recommended for ages 13 and older and will support a rider up to 154 pounds
Off-Road Electric Scooters For Hunting
Everyone knows that whenever you hunt, you need to make a zero amount of noise. Also, to be able to make a good hunt, you’ll have to venture in a long, narrow and sometimes rough terrain. Furthermore, you’ll want to have a big space to carry your things when hunting.
Put yourself in this scenario:
You’re treading a long and narrow path into the woods carrying all your hunting gear and other equipment.
Did you ever wish there would be a better way?
Fortunately, there is! Offroad electric scooters are designed for many different occasions, and hunting is one of them. With its large tires, powerful batteries, silent motor, and good space, it can be your best hunting buddy yet.
The three scooters on this list are surely the best options to have when it comes to hunting and with their powerful motors and big tires, they can climb steep slopes of as much as 65 degrees.
Most of all, these electric scooters are portable and foldable to fit in any tight space in the car.
The Off Road Electric Scooter FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Are these scooters water and dustproof?
Unfortunately, electric scooters are neither dust nor waterproof however there are certain models with a good level of IP rating. If you want to ride under the rain or in a dusty terrain then finding a scooter with a good IP rating would be ideal. Go ratings about IPX4 to have good resistance to dust and water.
What tires should you use?
If you are trying to use your electric scooter for an off-road venture, you may need to have a set of large knobby tires. Knobby tires provide excellent traction and grip whenever treading any kind of surfaces and when driving on small obstacles like stones, roots, and others along the path.
What is the ideal battery to use?
Lithium-ion batteries are the ideal batteries to use when using scooters. This is because they are much lighter and fast-charging compared to other types of batteries. Lead-acid batteries, however, are safer and much cheaper. The battery you need to avoid is the Li-po battery as these types of batteries are sensitive to shocks and heat.
What’s the Ideal power for my scooter?
This depends on the rider and how steep the slopes are. If you need to climb most of the time, you’re going to need more power and the best motors to have are those which can generate 2000W and more. For even surface-treading, you can simply go with lower wattage.
Our final thoughts
Even if you’re taking your off road electric scooter for hunting or fishing, or just a regular drive to the city, you’ll always want it to be running in perfect condition and equipped with everything you need. Electric scooters are particularly designed to fit any kind of need and they are a lot faster, more powerful, and long-lasting than traditional means of transport.
Off-road electric scooters particularly have more power and more features which makes them more expensive than other scooters. Regardless of the price, however, you’re getting a fully functional scooter, with the features you need and can last for long years.
I do hope this buyer’s guide to the Top 5 Heavy-Duty Off-Road Electric Scooters Of 2020 has helped you decide which scooter to use for your next dirt track or hunting venture.