Electric scooters have become a popular means of transport not only for kids and teens but also for adults. One of the major benefits of using an electric scooter is that it allows you to reach your destination faster without getting stuck in traffic. Secondly, they are affordable, long-lasting and very fun to ride. As compared to bikes, scooters are very easy to ride because you only need to stand and the unit will take you to your destination. You will only need to control the handlebar and apply brakes where necessary.
Due to their emerging popularity, many companies have joined the market which means that finding the best electric scooter today is a real struggle.
If you are searching for a top quality electric scooter for daily commuting, Gotrax GXL V2 is one of the best. It is an upgrade of the previous GXL V1 model and is the most popular electric scooter on the market today.
Check out our comprehensive Gotrax GXL V2 review below to learn its unique features that enable it to stand out from the rest.
- 1 Features that make Gotrax GXL V2 Electric Scooter the best
- 2 Our Final Verdict
- 3 Why should you buy an electric scooter?
- 4 How to prevent injuries when riding Gotrax GXL V2
Gotrax GXL V2 Specifications
- Top Speed: 15.5mph
- Battery voltage: 36V
- IP Rating: IP54 water-resistant
- Weight : 27lbs
- Maximum rider weight: 220 lbs
- Range: 12 miles
- Size when not folded: 44 x 17 x42 Inches
- Size when folded : 44 X 6 X 15 Inches
- Charging time: 4 hours
- Maximum motor power: 500W
Features that make Gotrax GXL V2 Electric Scooter the best
The motor is the most important part that determines the strength and performance of electric scooters. In this regard, Gotrax V2 Electric Scooter uses a powerful 250W brushless motor. As compared to other electric scooters under the same price range as the Gotrax GXL V2, this motor is the most powerful. Due to this, it allows the unit to move at a speed of 15.5 mph.
You will also be pleased to learn that it uses a 36VH.2AH extended Lithium-Ion battery which allows the scooter to travel up to 12 miles after charging. Note that the battery takes about 4 hours to charge. However, the durability of the battery depends on several factors such as the terrain, speed, weight, weather and the number of stops you make.
Sometimes it may be less than 6 miles when you are riding at a very high speed or when you are carrying a heavy load. In case the unit runs out of juice while you are still on the way, you should not panic because it has a handy little feature that allows you to use the unit as a normal kick-scooter.
Another outstanding thing about Gotrax GXL V2 Electric Scooter is that it has a fantastic build quality as compared to most of its competitors. This means that it is not only durable but also sturdy. As a result, it is an excellent option for daily commuting. In addition, it has a smooth and stylish look. This unit can also accommodate a maximum weight capacity of 220 lbs.
Its fenders are made of reinforced plastic to enhance strength. Due to these materials, these fenders do not break easily and are also resistant to scratches.
Another excellent feature people love about this unit is the foldable design which makes it easy to set up. Again, the design allows you to take it down without any problem. The latching mechanism might be a bit challenging at the beginning but once you understand how it works, you will find that it holds the folded unit very firmly for easier carrying. A safety pin is also included and it allows you to screw it in place.
Unlike others, this unit features a two-speed setting feature which means that you can set your preferred speed. For those who prefer riding on a low speed. They can configure the scooter to ride at 10mph. On the other hand, those who love riding at a high-speed cab use the second gear which provides a speed of 15.5 mph.
The tires of an electric scooter highly determine its performance. What you will love about Gotrax GXL V2 Electric Scooter is that it is equipped with air-filled pneumatic 8.5” tires which are well balanced. As a result, they can comfortably handle different terrains without problems because they have excellent shock absorption. They are made to give you maximum stability when riding.
Brakes are very important when riding a scooter because they ensure that you are safe when riding. This is another area where Gotrax GXL V2 excels. You will find that it comes with a hybrid electric/disc hand-operated brakes which give you maximum control when riding. This means that it comes with a foot brake and a hand-controlled brake. As a result, these brakes are very effective and they have excellent stopping power.
The handlebars of this unit feature a bright LED display which shows you the speed and battery information. There is also a thumb-operated knob at the right which acts as the accelerator. You can use the handlebar to shift gears, operate brakes and to turn the headlight on.
In terms of assembly, you will be happy to learn that this foldable scooter is very easy to put together. You will only need to attach the brake cables and the handlebars. Again, you will find all the important items in the box. In case you are stuck on how to assemble, you can watch detailed instructional videos on the company’s website.
For those who are on a budget, this scooter is the most reliable and budget-friendly option you will ever find. If you compare the price and its features, you will realize that it is the best for the budget. Despite of its low price, it provides an exceptional performance wand this explains why it is the most popular scooter on the market.
- Version 2 - Handbrake, Cruise Control, Reinforced Frame and Lock Mechanism
- 8. 5" PNEUMATIC TIRES - Making the GXL the ultimate commuting scooter for overcoming treacherous city streets
- 250 WATT MOTOR - Our most powerful scooter yet, the GXL has a top speed of 15. 5MPH and holds a maximum of 220 lbs.
- 36V BATTERY - The GXL travels up to 9-12 miles and recharges in about 4 Hours. Height from Handlebars to Deck-38 inch
- PORTABLE DESIGN - The GXL Frame folds down and locks for easy storage making it a perfect commuting scooter
What we liked about Gotrax GXL V2
- It has a sturdy build quality and a minimalistic design for easier use
- Can run for about 9 to 12 miles in one charge
- The LCD is very easy to read
- Foldable design for easier storage
- The disc brakes and hand brakes make it safe to ride
- It uses pneumatic air-filled tires which provide excellent shock absorption. As a result, it rides smoothly
- Two braking systems
- Two-speed settings allow you to ride faster or slowly
What we didn’t like
- Rough rides since it doesn’t have a suspension
- It is a bit heavy
Our Final Verdict
Overall, Gotrax GXL V2 is a perfect scooter that you can rely on for everyday use. It has a nice look and it is also sturdy enough to accommodate a maximum weight capacity of 220 lbs. In addition, it comes with reliable tires that have excellent shock absorption. It is also safe to ride since it comes with outstanding brakes which provides incredible stopping power.
The most surprising thing about it is that even with all those top-notch features, the price is very decent. If you are searching for the best electric scooter that will give you the exceptional value for your money, Gotrax GXL V2 is indeed the best.
Why should you buy an electric scooter?
- Affordable: as compared to cars and motorbikes, scooters are very cheap which means that they are a great alternative for those who do not have cars.
- Fast: if you send a lot of time walking to work, a scooter will save your time and transport costs.
- Fun to ride: another benefit is that they are more fun to ride even as compared to bikes. People also love them because they are very easy to ride and cheap to maintain.
- Convenient: electric scooter will allow you to overcome transportation challenges such as traffic jams which means that they are very convenient especially to those who would always wish to reach their destination on time.
- Easy to park: most electric scooters have a compact and foldable design which makes them easy to store.
How to prevent injuries when riding Gotrax GXL V2
Even if electric scooters are very reliable and fun to ride, the truth is that they are not 100% safe. However, you should always take the following safety measures when riding an electric scooter.
- Invest in protective gears
The best way to protect yourself from injuries that might occur when riding a scooter is by wearing protective gear like a helmet. With a quality helmet, you will always be safe in case of a crash or an accident. If you are not sure of which helmet to choose, Restrospec CM-1 Classic Commuter Bike/Skate/multisport helmet is the best helmet for scooting. Knee and elbow pads like these are also important for scooting.
- Learn how to ride
Before you get yourself a scooter, ensure you know how to ride. Learn how the brakes and other features work.
- Avoid distractions
Always keep your eyes on the road when you are on a scooter. Also, avoid wearing headphones or earbuds because you won’t be able to hear when emergency cars are approaching. Most of the accidents that occur when riding a scooter happens due to a lack of concentration on the road.
- Avoid unnecessary tricks
Don’t try new tricks you have never tried before especially those you might have seen on YouTube. Instead, stick to what you know best to minimize the chances of accidents.
- Avoid alcohol
Riding a scooter after you have consumed alcohol is one of the fatal mistakes you can ever make. Remember that alcohol affects how your body functions. As a result, you are likely to lose concentration as well as balance.