Electric bikes or mopeds are among the most innovative personal electric transport man has ever invented. Having a comfortable seat, pair of wheels, pedals, a chain connected to gears and other components and a powerful electric motor – this innovation is sophisticated yet easy and fun to use. While the adults take pleasure in using electric bikes for daily commuting, travels, and adventures, children can also take advantage of bikes for their outdoor fun adventures. Bikes are also known to help children develop their sense of balance and they’re just the perfect gift for kids ages 6 and up. Razor electric bikes for kids, in particular, are an excellent choice since they come equipped with safety features that keep young riders safe while having fun.
In this article, we’ll share with you the best choices of razor electric bikes for your children over 6 years of age. Each of these bikes is carefully handpicked under specific criteria such as safety features, quality, performance, and ease of use.
Razor Electric Street Bike
The Razor Electric Street bike is packed with power through its 350 W high-torque motor and is a popular choice among children and young adults for street riding adventures. It features a unique street sportbike design through its trellis frame feature paired with the 10-inch three-spoke mag that sets off a really cool and ragged look out of this razor electric street bike. The inflatable tires allow for a good grip on any surface, but better to stay back from offroad and dirt because by design this is more electric street bike than a dirt bike.
This Razor electric bike gets its juice from a pair of 12V lead-acid rechargeable battery that can enable the rider to reach a top speed of 14 mph. The batteries can fully charge for as quickly as 3 hours and continuously run for 30 minutes. Its handlebars are designed with adjustable angles and rubber grips for a firm and comfortable grip when riding this razor dirt bike for kids. Stopping power is also reliable in this razor mini bike through its rear mechanical disc brake that reacts immediately upon pressing the brake lever.
- Powered by a high-torque, chain-driven motor on a steel trellis-frame Chassis design and street geometry with low profile Windscreen
- Features custom 10 inch 3-spoke mag wheels and street tires, rear suspension, Variable speed twist-grip throttle, and hand-operated rear disc brakes
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery with quick-change compartment and up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Ages: 16 and up | Max weight 140 lbs | Max speed: 14 mph
- Assembled Dimensions: 43.7 x 22.8 x 29.5 Inches
While this electric street bike is packed with power, it is also a great choice for durability and if you want a bike to carry weights of up to 140 lbs.
Razor MX350 Dirt Ebike
An electric street bike that can go toe-to-toe with the Razor Electric Street Bike is the Razor MX350 Dirt bike that can reach the same speed of 14 mph. It is equipped with large pneumatic tires that are reliable in delivering smooth rides even on rough terrains and excellent grip on the ground surface. The bike motor operates quietly and is made from durable materials to withstand regular use even on harsh terrains and environments. Its carrying capacity is 140 lbs which enable it to handle heavier riders.
The MX350 electric moped is designed to look exactly like a professional dirt bike or motocross bike to give young riders a feel and look of what their future could be like should they pursue their passion. The bike comes with amazing features such as twist-grip throttle control, hand-operated rear brake, chain-driven motor, riser handlebars that are adjustable and so much more to deliver the best riding experience. The MX350 is powered by a pair of 12V batteries that charge around 10-12 hours. A fully charged battery can provide a continuous ride for 30 minutes to an hour.
Another bike that pretty much resembles a real motocross bike is the Razor MX650 electric bike for kid, however, it is much faster compared to the previous choices with its max speed at 17 to 25 mph. With its impressive max speed and other capabilities, it is recommended for the older teens from ages 16 and older. The good thing however when it comes age restriction is that the MX650 is quite versatile, and younger riders can definitely manage the bike especially if they’ve been used to using smaller versions of Razor electric bikes.
Adding to its better features is the 36V battery that lasts for an hour of continuous riding and can be charged for 8 hours. It also designed with a pair of adjustable riser handlebars for better grip and feel of the handle for better balance. The Razor MX650 is also designed with durable steel construction and can even carry riders weighing up to 220 lbs. Also, it is equipped with 16-inch pneumatic tires also enables smooth rides even on rough terrains.
This razor dirt bike is likewise exceptionally good when it comes to its brake system. If you simply want more power, speed, and carrying capacity out of your kids’ bike, the MX650 is certainly a choice that is worth it.
Razor Dirt Rocket SX500 electric bike
Another dirt bike for kids that is perfect for kids older than 14 years and even adults is the Razor Dirt Rocket SX500. While this electric dirt bike for kids by Razor has pretty much everything that a dirt bike has to offer for adult and young riders, it is also quite inexpensive compared to its competitions.
The SX500 makes use of a variable speed motor that delivers a speed of up to 15 mph. It has a total carrying capacity of 175 lbs and can run continuously up to 40 minutes with a fully-charged battery. The battery is composed of three 12 V rechargeable lead-acid batteries (total of 36V). Despite the extra battery, this razor dirt bike is lighter than most kids’ dirt bikes with only 98 lbs for its total weight.
Other features include the dual suspension, twist-grip acceleration control, dual disk brakes that reacts at a fragment of a second upon activation, a pair of foldable footpegs, retractable kickstand, and many others. Unfortunately, since the bike is a bit bigger – having dimensions of 24.5 x 36 x 56, kids 14 years and older are the only ones who can manage the bike.
- Inspired by the winningest motocross rider in history, Jeremy McGrath
- Complete with authentic McGrath graphics and fairing design, genuine dirt bike frame geometry and a high-torque, Variable speed motor for a super-charged experience
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 15 mph with 40 minutes of continuous use. Throttle is twist-grip
- Features dual suspension and riser handlebars, large pneumatic knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand operated dual disc brakes.Recommended for ages 14 and up; supports riders up to 175 pounds
- Frame: Steel, Motor: chain-driven, Fork: Double-crown, Foot Pegs: Folding, metal
Razor MX500 dirt bike
The predecessor of the Razor Dirt Rocket SX500 which is more of the heavy-duty bike for kids is the Razor MX500. Although it is made for the power it is still guaranteed to be safe for use and easy to ride even for kids no younger than 12 years old. This bike is backed by a 500W electric motor and has a carrying capacity of 175 lbs. A single full charge from its 36V battery for 12 hours can provide continuous riding for 40minutes and can deliver speeds of up to 15 mph.
This bike is also considered as a heavy-duty type of kids’ bike because of its durable steel construction. Also, it is paired with variable speed control to help kids manage their speeds. The twist-grip acceleration control along with the hand-operated dual disk brakes also provides an added level of safety for its rider. Its front wheels make use of 16-inch pneumatic tires while the rear makes use of 14 inches. The pneumatic tires are paired with dual suspension systems which make cruising through rough terrains smooth and comfortable on this razor bike.
- POWERFUL MOTOR: Powered by a 500-watt, high-torque, variable-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 15 mph (24 km/h) ages 14 and up
- LONG RANGE BATTERY: Rechargeable 36V (three 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use while also building comfort, confidence, and control. Takes 8 hours to fully charge
- EXTRA FEATURES: Additional features include soft rubber grips with twist acceleration control for easy acceleration, hand-operated dual disk brakes, shatter-resistant plastic fairings, double crown fork, and retractable kickstand
- DURABLE & LONG-LASTING: An all-steel frame with authentic dirt bike geometry provides for a solid ride off-road with a max rider weight of 175 lbs. (79 kg)
- SAFETY & COMFORT: The Razor Dirt Rocket MX500 electric dirt bike has 16-in front and 14-inch rear pneumatic tires that help soften out rough surfaces for a smooth ride and folding metal foot pegs
Razor Pocket Mod electric moped
Last but certainly not least is the Razor Pocket Mod electric moped which gives classic and Italian feel of a ride while cruising beautiful sceneries. While it is made stylish with a Euro-style appearance and designed primarily for young adults, it is also designed to cater to young riders’ riding needs. The Razor Pocket Mod makes use of a chain-driven electric motor and can reach a top speed of 15 mph. It has a pair of 12V batteries that can run continuously for about an hour if fully charged within 12-18 hours.
Despite its subtle look compared to the bikes in this list, the Razor Pocket Mod is guaranteed to be sturdy and can carry weights of as much as 150 lbs. it also has a variable acceleration setting and speed to match the speed requirements of the rider. Seeing that this bike is more of an electric moped, it comes with a deck where the feet can rest and can also serve as an extra space for luggage or passenger. It has a total weight of 75 lbs which makes it easy to move around with.
- Classic Italian styling in a new Deluxe size that reaches speeds of up to 16 mph (26 kmh/H)
- Features a powerful 500 watt high-torque, self adjusting chain-driven motor
- Also, comes with spoked wheels with 16 inch pneumatic tires, retractable center-mount kickstand, soft rubber grips, and under seat storage
- 36V (three 12V) sealed lead acid Rechargeable battery with quick-change compartment and up to 70 minutes of continuous use.Recommended for ages 14 and up; supports riders up to 220 pounds
- Weight: 75 pounds
Our final thoughts
Just like any other bikes, electric bikes for kids that are powered by batteries also come with a number of features. What’s important to bear in mind when finding the ideal kids’ bike is to have an idea of the main things that you want.
Among the important things to consider include the weight of the bike, the recommended age for the rider, dimensions of the bike, durability, power and battery life. As soon as you’ve made up your mind about these important considerations, you can then move on to the minor things such as aesthetics, extra compartments, foldable pegs, and other added features. By simply looking at this list, you’ll be able to find your ideal kids’ bike in no time.