With increasing gas prices, worsening traffic, and a deteriorating environment, more and more people are looking for alternative transportation methods that will help get them where they need to go without giving up much of their comfort and convenience. If you want to choose one of the best electric bikes under $2000 this article is for you.
Electric bikes have become the popular choice in recent years, especially as the technology and materials for them are becoming more advanced and affordable. An electric bike is a worthwhile investment for its many benefits such as providing you with a reliable method of transportation while giving you your needed exercise and lessening the negative impact on the environment.
Additional benefits include low maintenance – for they require no more maintenance than a regular bike and low cost compared to cars and other electric alternatives.
With that being said, some electric bikes can still be costly, so we have prepared a short guide detailing some of the best electric bikes under 2000.
- 1 Civibikes Cheetah: my personal choice of the best electric bike under 2000
- 2 Sondors Fold X Premium Folding Electric Bike
- 3 MZZK 20” Foldable Fat Tire Electric Bike
- 4 Schwinn Sycamore Electric Bike
- 5 Story Electric Bike
- 6 MZZK 700C Electric Bike
- 7 Ecotric 26” Electric Bike
- 8 Addmotor Hithot H5 – good choice among best electric bikes under $2000
- 9 Our Top 3 Picks of Best Electric Bikes Under $2000
- 10 The bottom line
Civibikes Cheetah: my personal choice of the best electric bike under 2000
First on the list is the Civibikes Cheetah whose design makes it look like a café racer from the 70s. It features a durable 6061 aluminum alloy frame which makes it incredibly durable without adding to its overall weight. It has a 750-watt high-torque brushless motor that allows it to reach a top speed of 28 mph, making it the fastest fat tire electric bike on this list.
With its lightweight and long-lasting 48V 13Ah lithium battery, you can ride a 40-mile range on a single charge. Furthermore, the battery is placed in a special battery box that has a special switch and charging port underneath the cover, allowing the battery to blend seamlessly with its classic vintage look.
It has a big and comprehensive full-color LCD display which is where you can see and control the 5-level PAS and throttle-level choices: eco, normal, and sport. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about not seeing it under harsh sunlight for even under those conditions, the LCD display is clear.
Moreover, the Civibikes Cheetah electric bike has additional features such as:
- Shimano 7-speed gear set
- Tektro E350 hydraulic brakes
- All-terrain electric fat bike
- LED headlight with an individual switch
- 1-year warranty
Overall, the Civibikes Cheetah is a fast and heavy-duty electric bike which you can use not only on your daily commutes but also on different terrains, making it a great mountain bike as well. It’s also perfect for harsh weather conditions such as snow, on which regular bikes would have trouble navigating.
Additionally, its classic vintage look makes it look more like a motorcycle than an electric bike which will surely turn heads.
- VINTAGE - Civibikes Cheetah electric bicycle, the vintage style design with standard LED headlight make it looks like a café racer bike of 70s. The vintage headlight, with high beam & Low beam function and day-light indicator function, has an individual switch.
- 28MPH TOP SPEED - Our vintage electric bike equipped with the Bangfang 750W high torque brushless motor, the top speed arrive 28 MPH. With the Shimano 7 speed gear you can choose any speed to complete your journey, and the perfect Tektro brakes fully protects your safety. With the fat tire design, you can across the snow or beach easily by riding this bike.
- 13Ah LITHIUM Battery - With 48V 13Ah Li-ion battery, which is lightweight and long lasting, can make you ride up to 40 miles range per charge. Our own designed battery box is placed in the "tank". Individual power switch and charging port is underneath the cover.
- Aluminum alloy frame - The sport e-bike adopts 100% durable aluminum alloy frame, and inspired the design of café racer. The max loading weight of this fat tire bike is 350lbs.
- FULL COLOR LCD DISPLAY - With this fancy computer, you can read all parameters you need to know when riding. There are 5-level PSA and throttle level choice, ECO, NORMAL and SPORT modes choice. Full color LCD display is super clear under strong sunlight.
- It’s fast – Its high-powered motor allows it to reach speeds that are higher than your usual traditional or electric bikes.
- It works great on difficult terrain – It has fat tires which makes it easy to navigate on difficult terrain and harsh weather conditions, allowing you to use it in more places.
- It’s stylish – It has a classic head-turning look that will never go out of style.
- The weight – At around 75 pounds, it’s the heaviest electric bike on the list.
- Saddle height – The saddle height is still too tall for some people despite adjustments, making it hard to reach the pedals.
Sondors Fold X Premium Folding Electric Bike
Next is the Fold X, a folding electric bike from one of the best electric bikes under $2000 brands in the cycling world, Sondors. It has a durable handcrafted aluminum frame which weighs only 6 pounds, making it incredibly lightweight. Its 500W motor allows it to reach a top speed of 20 mph which isn’t the fastest but is still quick enough to get you where you need to go at a much faster rate than a regular bike.
It has a range of 30 – 40 miles (30 on full electric), made possible by its 48V 14Ah lithium-ion cylindrical battery which is also lightweight.
Like other electric bikes, it has an LCD screen where you can control the 5 levels of pedal assist, including your choice of torque. It also accurately displays the battery level, speed and distance traveled.
The Sondors Fold X also has some nice additional features like:
- Shimano 7-speed gear cassette with grip shifter
- High-performing, shock-absorbing suspension forks
- Adaptable all-terrain tires
Sondors is the largest electric bike designer and manufacturer in the US and they are known for creating high-quality and incredibly durable electric bikes, and the Fold X is no different. With its sturdy and stylish design combined with its incredible features, this foldable bike is a great value for your money.
- STOW OR GO: In one simple fold and less than ten seconds, SONDORS Fold X is ready for effortless stowage in just about any space with folded dimensions 39”L x 18”W x 29”H.
- ROBUST POWER: SONDORS Fold X packs a 500 watt motor, providing more than enough to power your daily commute, a cruise along the beach or a zip down your favorite trail. And with speeds up to 20 mph, SONDORS Fold X will get you there with quickness and style.
- DURABLE AND VERSATILE: SONDORS Fold X handcrafted, foldable, 100% forged aluminum frame is a one-size-fits-most, and weighs in at just 6 pounds, offering a total bike weight of 50 pounds. Stand-over height 28”, Min/Max seat height 32.75”- 41.75”, Handlebar reach 23.43”, Wheel to wheel unfolded length 66” and unfolded handlebar width 26.5”.
- ENDURANCE AND ADAPTABILITY: SONDORS Fold X is a showstopper - and its legendary, all-terrain tires are more than the reason. Measuring in at a chunky 20 x 4 inches, SONDORS Fold X tires keep it sturdy and versatile while conquering pavement, sand, dirt or snow.
- SUPERIOR RANGE: With the use of the included SONDORS Fold X 48 V 14 Ah lithium-ion battery along with electric pedal assist, many riders can experience a varied battery range of up to 20-40 miles*. (*Range estimates are contingent upon rider and towing weight, riding style, wind speed and terrain)
- It’s lightweight – Weighing at only 50 pounds, it’s the lightest electric bike on the list.
- Versatile – Because of its fat all-terrain tires, the Fold X can be used in almost any situation.
- Single-speed – It’s easier to maneuver because it’s much simpler to handle.
- Bulky design – The Fold X is bulkier compared to the newer models which can be a problem, seeing as it is a foldable bike.
MZZK 20” Foldable Fat Tire Electric Bike
Like the Fold X, this model from MZZK is also a foldable electric mountain bike with a sturdy 6061 aluminum alloy frame. It features a 48V 620-watt brushless geared motor which has a one-piece design and is IP68 waterproof that allows it to reach speeds of up to 25mph, surpassing that of the Fold X.
Furthermore, it has a removable 48V 13Ah lithium battery which gives it a range of 50 – 75 miles per single full charge. The battery can be charged using its 48V 6.5A high-quality charger which gives it a full charge in 4 – 6 hours.
It gives you the choice of either pedal-assist or going full electric, both of which comes in 6 working speeds. This is controlled via the Shimano shift lever, allowing you to switch between speeds quickly and freely.
More features of the MZZK 20” Foldable Electric Mountain Bike are:
- Multi-function LCD display
- Fast Shimano derailleur
- Premium brake system
- Comfortable retro design seat
- Bright front light
- All-terrain, anti-skid tires
- 1-year warranty
The MZZK 20” Foldable Electric Mountain Bike is a great choice if you’re looking for a foldable electric bike with great features that won’t break the bank. Its great features coupled with its affordable price point makes it the best budget electric bike.
- Wide Fat Tires:INNOVA 26"x4.0" fat tire desinged to improve the grip and traction on the most troublesome terrain,designed to handle sorts of terrain like snow, sand, rough trails, the urban jungle and anything else you can think of.
- Electric System---Equipped with the 48V 13AH lithium removable battery and 500W stable motor.you can reach a range of up to 50-75 miles per charge.Plenty for a day’s adventure or most trips to travel and back.
- Six Kinds of Assist Mode--- Ebike & Assisted bicycle & Normal bike. There are 6 ways to travel in an instant, you can choose the electric assist power according to your needs. You can add a burst of speed with the throttle, which is ideal for pulling away from traffic lights. Combining Six modes would be a better choice.
- High-quality Material---This bike adopts ultra-lightweight yet strong aluminum,light, strong and designed to last. Mechanical front and rear disc-brake design and 7-speed Shimano professional transmission system. Perfect climbing ability.
- Service Available --- With one-year quality service for the electric motor, battery and other parts except for frame, no worry about using it. This bicycle arrives 75% assembled that you can complete the rest installation easily by the instruction manual
- Good maneuverability – Its all-terrain tires and assistance options make it incredibly easy to maneuver.
- Comfortable and smooth riding experience – All of its features make for great riding experience.
- Affordable – Electric bikes can still be expensive, so its affordability makes it a great choice for those looking to save more without sacrificing quality.
- Compact – Its compact nature makes it easy to store, whether be it in your car or in your house.
- Weight – For a foldable bike, it’s relatively heavier at 60 lbs.
Schwinn Sycamore Electric Bike
An all-around hybrid electric bike, the Schwinn Sycamore features a dual-sport frame with SR Suntour NEX suspension fork whose design looks like your traditional bike, something that attracts less attention.
It also has a 350-watt hub-drive pedal-assist motor that allows it a maximum speed of 20 mph which isn’t that fast but is still speedy enough. Its removable lithium-ion battery gives it a range of 45 – 60 miles on a single full charge.
It has an LCD display which shows you the battery life, assistance level, and other basic computer features. This coupled with the thumbpad controller gives you complete control over your riding experience. It has 5 levels of pedal-assist, adding to your overall cycling experience.
However, the best part is the extra features of the Schwinn Sycamore:
- 8 traditional bike speeds (Shimano Alivo drivetrain with Shimano Altus trigger shifter)
- Front and rear alloy mechanical disk brakes
- Comfortable seat
- Ergonomic grips
- 2-year warranty on battery and electric assist parts
- Lifetime warranty on the frame and fork
The Schwinn Sycamore Electric Bike is the perfect choice for those who are looking for something that looks more like the traditional mountain bike.
- Versatility is the big idea: hit the trails, zoom down bike paths and enjoy your commute on this dual-sport hybrid
- Customize your ride with the 350-watt hub-drive pedal-assist motor with a thumbpad controller and LCD display
- Schwinn aluminum dual-sport frame with SR Suntour NEX suspension fork with 63 mm of travel & hydraulic lockout keeps you in control of your ride
- 8-speed Shimano Alivo drivetrain with a Shimano Altus trigger shifter and front and rear alloy mechanical disc brakes for a durable yet smooth ride
- Schwinn Quality comfort seat and ergonomic grips add crucial comfort at key bike touch points
- Slim and stylish design – The slim design of the Schwinn Sycamore makes it attractive to those who wish for something that looks more like your regular bike.
- Variety of sizes – The Sycamore model is available in different sizes, giving more options for different people.
- Comfortable and ergonomic – It’s designed with your utmost comfort in mind.
- Less powerful motor – Compared to the previous ones, it has a less powerful motor.
Story Electric Bike
The Story Electric Bike combines a classic frame with modern electric speed. It features a 350-watt motor, giving it a top speed of 20 mph which isn’t that fast but is good enough to bring you to where you need to be.
Its 7Ah hidden-from-view lithium-ion battery allows it to reach 45 miles on a single full charge. For those who need to juice up their phone on the go, the Story Electric Bike has a USB charging port that allows you to charge while on the road.
Additionally, it has 6 levels of pedal-assist, allowing you to choose either full manual or receive some electric assistance.
The Story Electric Bike has additional features which make it worthwhile:
- Shimano 7-speed gears
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Leather grip and saddle
- LCD screen
Perhaps what’s most notable about this electric bike is that for every e-bike you purchase, the company behind it will donate 1 Buffalo bike to someone in Africa, done in partnership with the World Bicycle Relief.
- STORY ELECTRIC STEP THROUGH BIKE - cruise around in comfort and style with this classic unisex frame paired with the modern electric speed. This is your best companion for your on-the-go lifestyle that gets you where you need to go, while being eco-friendly, ultra chic and affordable. Improving your daily rides while having a profound impact on those in need globally.
- COMMUTE OR ADVENTURE - Travel up to 45 miles on a charge hitting speeds up to 20 MPH on Story’s 350 watt motor and 7aH Hidden Lithium-Ion Battery. Featuring an LCD screen, 6 levels of pedal assist to choose from, making you feel super human and USB outlet allowing you to charge a phone directly from the bike. Hydraulic disc brakes for quick responsive stopping power. Ride to the beach, work, market, and back home - all without breaking a sweat or environment.
- BEAUTIFUL SILHOUETTE - Story’s unique hidden battery and classic lightweight and durable design makes it stylish while others won’t even know you’re on an electric bike. The leather grips and saddle give the design an artisanal accent, complementing the modern and minimal aesthetic at the same time.
- TRUE BUY ONE, GIVE ONE DONATION PROGRAM - For every Story Electric Bike sold, a specially designed Buffalo Bicycle will be given to a student, healthcare worker or entrepreneur in rural Africa, through our partnership with World Bicycle Relief. Together, we are helping people conquer the challenge of distance, to achieving independence and thrive.
- Stylish classic look – Its classic frame coupled with the leather grip and saddle makes for an incredibly stylish bike, one you will be proud to show off.
- For a good cause – You don’t just get a bike, you get to give for a good cause as well!
- USB charging port – This is extremely convenient considering that we heavily depend on smartphones nowadays.
- Less power – It doesn’t have a powerful enough motor which can affect its speed.
- Smaller battery capacity – Because the battery isn’t as big, it could mean more frequent charging.
MZZK 700C Electric Bike
The MZZK 700C Electric Bike has an aluminum alloy frame and features a powerful high-speed brushless geared motor that has a one-piece design and is IP68 waterproof, making it extremely durable. The powerful motor also allows it to reach a top speed of 26 mph, the second fastest on this list. It’s also designed to look like a regular bike which can be less distracting and attracts less attention from other people.
It also has a 48V 13Ah lithium battery which gives it a range of 34 – 45 miles on a single charge. Its multi-function handlebar allows you to shift gears for acceleration and control, giving you complete freedom over your riding experience.
It has a multi-function display that’s comfortable to look at and is used to switch among 6 kinds of assist.
Additional features of the MZZK 700C Electric Bike include:
- Extremely bright retro front light
- Incredibly strong aluminum alloy fork
- Front and rear double disk brake system
- Built-in high power string wave controller
- Shimano 7-speed gear
The 700C Electric Bike is another great choice from MZZK and is a more powerful but still lightweight option.
- 400W powerful brushless motor,and 48V 13Ah lithium battery.
- Multi-function handlebar:shift gears to accelerate and control at will.Retro saddle, different style.
- High speed brushless geared motor, one-piece design, IP68 waterproofy.Multi-function display make the riding more comfortable. 6 kinds of assist mode to choose.
- High brightness retro front light and high strength aluminum alloy front fork.Front and rear double disc brake system effectively reducing the braking distance.
- Built-in high power string wave controller, loading 25KG. Good after-sale service, please contact us, if you have other questions.
- High speed – The motor, despite not being as powerful as the others, can produce a high speed of 26 mph which is only slightly less than the fastest one on this list.
- Classic retro design – The classic design of this bike makes it look like your traditional bike which is great for those who don’t want to attract that much attention.
- Lightweight – At 55 lbs, it’s extremely lightweight which makes it easier to maneuver.
- Durable and waterproof design – Its motor is designed to be durable and waterproof, making it last longer.
- The shorter range on a single charge – Despite its 48V 13Ah battery, it’s only capable of a shorter range compared to the others.
Ecotric 26” Electric Bike
The Ecotric 26” Electric Bike has an aluminum alloy frame and features an extremely powerful 1000-watt motor that gives it a maximum speed of 25 mph which is surprising, considering the powerful motor.
It has a removable 48V 13Ah lithium battery that comes with a smart lithium charger and reflector. On flat ground, a single charge allows you to travel for more than 25 miles on pure electric power.
It allows for hybrid cycling, also giving you the option to choose between pedal-assist or walk assist.
It also has an S900 LED display panel which you can use to control the 5-speed cycle and the speed limit, even opting for cruise control. The display panel also has a 1 key repair function.
The Ecotric 26” Electric Bike also has some nice additional features like:
- Shimano external 7-speed gear
- Hydraulic disk brake
- Hydraulic front fork suspension
The most notable thing about this electric bike is its powerful 1000-watt motor which is great for those who are looking for a little more power.
- Here is a powerful and cost-effective mountain e-bike with 1000W rear motor and 48V/13AH Removable lithium battery. Although the bike is designed for flat road travel, its excellent Suspension Fork allows your unimpeded ride on rough roads.
- The Lithium Battery is Removable, so you can bring the battery to your home or office to recharge. Charging time: Approximately 6-8 hours. You can travel a distance of more than 25 miles under electric power on Flat ground.
- 1000W Brushless Gear motor. Max Speed: 24 mph/h (Rider weight<220LBS ,flat road and full power). Aluminum Body Frame. Bike weight 24.2 KG (53.35 lb). Load Capacity: 260LBS. Adjustable front sport suspension forks. Pedal Assist model: pedal 180 degree motor start to work.
- S900 LED DISPLAY PANEL, 48V Power display, five speed cycle display, 6KM cruise at constant speed,Speed limit can be set, One key repair function. ERGONOMIC DESIGN,We pay great attention to every detail of each component, ergonomic handlebar, adjustable seat and anti-slip wear resistant tire.
- If you are not sure if you can ride this bike, please refer to the following sizes. Center distance of two wheels: 1200 mm (47.24”); The length of the middle tube: 425 mm (16.73”); Total length of the bike: 1860 mm (73.22”); Handle Bar to ground: 1010 mm (39.76”); Saddle to ground : 820-970 mm(32.28”-38.19”) (Please be careful not to exceed the safety line when adjusting the height); Horizontal distance from The frame head tube to the seat cushion: 565 mm (22.24”)
- Powerful motor – It has a 1000-watt motor which is incredible power for an electric bike.
- Hybrid cycling – This model gives you the freedom to choose the way you ride.
- Slower than expected – Given its powerful motor, one would expect that it would be faster than 25mph.
Addmotor Hithot H5 – good choice among best electric bikes under $2000
The Addmotor Hithot H5 Electric Bike features a 6061 aluminum alloy frame and a 500-watt rear-hub brushless motor which is perfect for use as a mountain and commuter bike. It has a removable 48V 12Ah lithium battery which, when combined with its powerful motor, allows users to reach a distance of 60 miles on pure electric bike operation.
It has variable speed control with ½ twist throttle which makes it easy to adjust assistance from your bike.
Further features include:
- High-suspension and spring absorber
- Powerful brakes
- Integrated tail light which also serves as a rear brake light
- Shimano 7-speed gears
- 1-year comprehensive warranty
- Labeled backlit LCD control panel
It has an affordable price point which is a steal, considering it’s a high-suspension bike.
- 500W Rear Hub Brushless Motor E-Bikes;It's An Excellent Mountain And Commuter Electric Bike; Easy Enough To Pedal Without The E-Assist, But With It, You’ll Zoom Along Without Breaking A Sweat
- High Suspension And Spring Absorber,Powerful Brakes,And Specical Fashionable Design Stealth Removable Battery Package.5 inch USB Charging Port On The Display Panel To Top Your phone
- This Mountain E-Bikes Typically Ridden On Mountain Trails,Single Track,Roads,And Other Unpaved Surfaces, Incorporate Features Designed To Enhance Durability And Performance In Rough Terrain
- 26" x 2.5" Wheels More Comfortable Than Other Mountain E-bikes And Pedal Assist E-bike System Makes For A Supremely Capable Electric Bike That Allows You To Go Farther And Have More Fun
- Integrated Tail Light That Also Serves As A Brake Light When Rear Brake Applied；A Durable 6061 Aluminum Alloy Frame Electric Bikes With A Very Powerful And Extremely quiet And Smooth
- High suspension – This allows you to conquer even the steepest trails, especially those found in the mountains.
- Affordable for a high-suspension bike – High-suspension bikes tend to be more expensive, and the price point for this one makes it more affordable than most.
- On the heavier side – It weighs at around 60 pounds which can be harder to maneuver for others.
Our Top 3 Picks of Best Electric Bikes Under $2000
#3 MZZK 20” Foldable and Addmotor Hithot H5 Electric Bike
For 3rd place, we chose 2 models because their specs are nearly the same, with the only difference being that one is foldable while the other isn’t. The MZZK 20” Electric Bike is our top pick for the best folding electric bike while the Addmotor Hithot H5 Electric Bike is the best electric mountain bike.
They’re both amazing electric bikes in the sense that they have powerful motors and long-lasting batteries. They also provide you with a high enough speed that will allow you to reach your destination faster.
However, the downside to both of them is that they’re heavier than your usual bikes. This is especially notable for the MZZK 20” Foldable Electric Mountain Bike for it is foldable and should be more lightweight.
#2 MZZK 700C Electric Bike
We chose the MZZK 700C Electric Bike as our runner-up to the top spot for it features a powerful high-speed motor which is also waterproof, making it durable and less prone to damages caused by weather conditions.
Moreover, it’s lightweight and allows you to be in complete control of your riding experience.
#1 Civibikes Cheetah Classic Vintage Fat Tire Cafe Racer Electric Bike
Snagging the top spot is the Civibikes Cheetah whose powerful motor and top speed make it the best among those listed here. You get amazing features for your money which makes it the best value electric bike as well.
Its classic vintage design combines functionality with style, making it a showstopper. Furthermore, it’s meant to traverse on all kinds of terrain which makes it a versatile electric bike.
However, it’s the heaviest bike among the lot, so keep it in mind if ever you choose this one.
Electric bikes are among the best alternatives to a motor vehicle, considering the current traffic, economic, and environmental state. With its continuously dropping prices and minimal maintenance, it gradually and effortlessly becomes the best substitute for driving, commuting, and even walking.
Additional to its balance of function and ease, it also caters to the needs of those who ride their bikes for fitness or health reasons. An electric bike is a transportation, convenience, and fitness combined; making it the most obvious choice when in search of an equally practical and handy alternative.